Advanced Mailroom Screening Equipment
Advanced Package Screening for Enhanced Security
Mail screening is characterised by very high security standards in order to detect detonators, batteries, electrical trigger circuits, blades and firearms concealed in parcels and letters.
The Metal Detectors employed in this particular sector have to guarantee high discrimination of metal staples, paper-clips and other metal elements normally to be found in the post without any reduction of sensitivity regarding the detection of the specified threats.
In today’s interconnected world, the security of mail and parcels has never been more critical. With the rise of digital communication, the physical mail that arrives at our homes and offices might seem less significant. However, it remains a potent avenue for threats ranging from industrial espionage to terrorism. Mail screening, therefore, is an essential component of modern security strategies, ensuring the safety of individuals and the integrity of businesses and government entities alike.
Understanding Mail Threats
Mail threats are diverse and can have severe consequences if not detected and managed promptly. Here are some common types of threats that mail screening aims to mitigate:
- Explosives: Devices designed to cause damage, harm, or intimidate, including letter bombs.
- Biological Agents: Substances that can cause illness or death in living organisms, such as anthrax or ricin.
- Chemical Substances: Hazardous chemicals that can injure or kill through exposure or contamination.
- Contraband: Illegal or prohibited items, including drugs and weapons.
- Cyber Threats: Devices or messages intended to compromise digital security.
OUR EXCLUSIVE RANGE
We hold a world-class portfolio of brands that are true market leaders in this category.
Speak to one of our consultants about your screening requirements
Advanced Mail Screening Technologies
The evolution of mail threats has necessitated the development of sophisticated mail screening technologies. Here’s an overview of the key technologies employed in modern mail screening:
Metal Detection and EMIS (Electro-Magnetic Inspection Scanner) Technology
- Broad Application: Effective in screening for metallic threats, including improvised explosive devices (IEDs).
- Non-Metallic Threat Detection: EMIS technology extends capabilities to detect non-metallic items, offering comprehensive screening.
Comprehensive Detection: X-ray scanners provide detailed images of a package’s contents, identifying hidden objects. This technology is crucial for detecting a wide range of threats, including explosives, weapons, and other hazardous materials, ensuring that potentially dangerous items are intercepted before reaching their intended destination.
Enhanced Security Measures: The use of X-ray technology in mail screening represents a critical component of an organisation’s security strategy. By offering a non-intrusive means to examine the interior of mail items, X-ray inspection helps maintain the flow of mail while ensuring thorough scrutiny of parcels and letters for any concealed threats.
- Sensitive Detection: Identifies minute particles of explosives and narcotics, ensuring even small quantities are detected.
- Rapid Results: Delivers quick screening outcomes, facilitating efficient mail processing.
Desktop Mail Scanners
- Ease of Use: Designed for simplicity, allowing quick training of mailroom staff.
- Versatility: Capable of detecting a wide range of threats, including explosives.
Letter Bomb and IED Detector for mail and parcel inspection
The EMIS-MAIL is designed to detect a wide variety of metal threat items including detonators, batteries, trigger circuits and other metal components of parcel bombs without false alarms for non-threat items such as metal staples, paper clips and metal binding spirals.
Letter Bomb and IED Detector for mail and parcel inspection
The EMIS-MAIL is very easy to use and provides a fast and automatic alarm/no alarm signal confirmation per each inspected package. Its compact, ergonomic design along with the electric and built-in NiMH rechargeable battery power supply allows for independent operation in a variety of locations. An optional embedded radioactive detector is also available for radioactive material threat detection.
The EMIS-MAIL is uniquely qualified to operate in a prison or correctional facility environment with specific settings available for prison parcel inspection. Along with meeting the strictest safety and security standards, EMIS-MAIL is also compliant with the EU Regulation 185/2010 for the inspection of letters and parcels.
Mid size/large x-ray scanner cabinets
The very latest generation TR15 and TR40 +Smart Scan cabinet scanners from Todd Research, provide a new benchmark of threat detection and image management for compact cabinet scanners. At the heart of the TR15 and TR40 +Smart Scan is a complete new software platform, managing the functionality and an intuitive user interface via a 22 inch touch screen monitor.
The smart card login means the TR15 and TR40 +Smart Scan can be configured to enable data collection of individual user sessions further enhancing the effectiveness of the operators.
Stay ahead with Mailroom Screening Security
The importance of mail screening in today’s security landscape cannot be overstated. As threats become more sophisticated, the need for advanced mail screening technologies and practices becomes increasingly critical. By staying ahead of emerging trends and integrating comprehensive mail screening solutions, organizations can protect themselves, their employees, and their stakeholders from potential harm.
Investing in the latest mail screening technologies not only mitigates risk but also demonstrates a commitment to safety and security. As we look to the future, the integration of AI, machine learning, and cybersecurity measures will play a pivotal role in ensuring that mailrooms remain secure against evolving threats.
OUR EXTENSIVE RANGE
Key features of the CEIA-EMIS MAIL include
- Ease of Installation and Setup
- Ease and Speed of System Use with Limited Screener Training Required
- Automatic Inspection of Parcels and Letters up to 450 mm x 75 mm
- No Calibration or Periodic Maintenance Required
- Independent Operation with Mains Power Supply or Built-in NiMH Rechargeable Batteries
- High inspection speed
- No alarm on metal staples, paper-clips and metal binding spirals
- Very high discrimination of paper-clips, metal staples and binding spirals
- Digital programming with high-resolution OLED graphic display
- Optical and acoustic alarm signalling
- Integrated autodiagnosis system
- Permanent memory storage of operating parameters without back-up batteries
- Independent operation, with mains power supply or optional batteries
- Specific Settings available for Prison parcels inspection for Dept. of Justice applications
- Compliant with NIJ 0602.02 Dept. of Justice Detection requirements
Key Features of the TR15/TR40
- Image Enhancement
- EPD™ Enhanced
- Powder Detection
- Digital camera and powerful generator
- Negative Image Function
- High Density Alert (TR15)/ Enhancement (TR40)
- 3 Point Density Alert (TR15)/Enhancement (TR40)
- Smart Card login
- Touch screen interface
- Session data
- Administrator Function
- Operator Icon toolbar (TR40 only)
- Print/Export images
- Automatic Image archiving
- One Touch Email Function
Key Features of the MS Detection MULTISCAN
THREATSCAN is the world´s best explosives and improvised materials detector capable of trace particle and vapor detection. It’s award-winning and patented HF-QCM nanotechnology sensors provide the latest threat detection and identification capabilities including military, plastic, Home-Made Explosives (HME’s), narcotics and synthetic opioids such as fentanyl.
Key Features of the MS Detection EXPLOSCAN
EXPLOSCAN is a hand-held and ruggedized explosives and improvised materials detector capable of trace particle and vapor detection. EXPLOSCAN provides security professionals with the latest detection capabilities uniquely developed to address global terrorism with specific operational requirements such as extreme temperatures, wind, rain, sand, drop and shock. These enhanced capabilities enable to address an expanded customer base to include airports, ports and border control, law enforcement and critical infrastructure. In other words, security personnel who require a robust, lightweight and a highly reliable system.
Key Features of the MS Detection EXPLOSCAN (Desktop)
EXPLOSCAN is a ruggedized explosives and improvised materials detector capable of trace particle and vapor detection. EXPLOSCAN provides security professionals with the latest detection capabilities uniquely developed to address global terrorism with specific operational requirements such as extreme temperatures, wind, rain, sand, drop and shock. These enhanced capabilities enable to address an expanded customer base to include airports, ports and border control, law enforcement and critical infrastructure. In other words, security personnel who require a robust, lightweight and a highly reliable system.
Key Features of the MS Detection DUOSCAN (DUAL-MODE EXPLOSIVES AND NARCOTICS TRACE & VAPOR DETECTOR)
DUOSCAN is a ruggedized explosives, improvised materials, narcotics and contraband detector capable of trace particle and vapor detection. Its award-winning and patented HF-QCM nanotechnology sensors provide the latest threat detection and identification capabilities including military, plastic, peroxide and nitrate explosives in addition to narcotics as well as fentanyl and synthetic opioids.
Key Features of the MS Detection DUOSCAN (Desktop) (DESKTOP EXPLOSIVES AND NARCOTICS DETECTOR)
Building on the exceptional capabilities and MS Tech´s innovative HF-QCM Sensor Technologies, DUOSCAN is the most rugged, portable narcotics and contraband detector on the market. Easy-to-operate, robust and highly resistant to environmental conditions, DUOSCAN is able to detect and identify a broader range of narcotics threats while maintaining the highest level of sensitivity and selectivity.
Key Features of the MS Detection LIQUISCAN (LIQUID EXPLOSIVES DETECTOR)
LIQUISCAN is a liquid explosives, narcotics and Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TIC’s) detector capable of liquid vapor detection. Its award-winning and patented HF-QCM nanotechnology sensors provide the latest threat detection and identification capabilities applicable to H202, Nitroglycerine, Nitromethane and many others.
Key Features of the EMA-4 multi-sensor Liquid Explosive Detection System – LEDS
TYPE B STANDARD 3 CERTIFIED
The EMA-4 is a compact device designed for the analysis of liquid containers and their contents with the goal of detecting the possible presence of explosive precursors and explosive liquids.
The presence of a container in the inspection cavity is automatically detected and the analysis is performed in a few seconds.
• Certified according to ECAC performance requirements for Type B Liquid Explosive detection Systems (LEDS)
• Accurate and rapid automatic inspection of sealed and
unsealed LAGs (Liquids, Aerosols and Gels)
• Compact size and ergonomic design
• Certified to screen liquids in clear, colored and opaque plastic
and ceramic, glass, metal and metallized containers
• No-ionising source
The EMA-4 can inspect all types of consumable liquids in most general use, such as:
+ non-alcoholic drinks (fruit juices, lemonades)
+ slightly alcoholic drinks (beer, cider)
+ medium and high strength spirits
Best Practices in Mail Screening
Implementing effective mail screening protocols is crucial for mitigating risks. Here are some best practices to consider:
- Establish Clear Protocols: Define procedures for handling and screening mail, including steps to take when a threat is detected.
- Regular Training: Ensure mailroom staff are trained on the latest screening technologies and threat response protocols.
- Integrate Security Measures: Mail screening should be part of a broader security strategy, including digital security and access controls.
Future Trends in Mail Screening
As threats evolve, so too do the technologies and strategies designed to counter them. Here are some emerging trends in mail screening technology:
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Automated Threat Detection: AI algorithms can analyze X-ray images to automatically detect suspicious items, reducing reliance on human operators.
- Continuous Learning: Machine learning models improve over time, adapting to new threats and reducing false positives.
Integration with Cybersecurity Measures
- Digital Threat Detection: Recognizing the convergence of physical and digital threats, future mail screening solutions will increasingly incorporate measures to detect devices intended to breach digital security.
- Holistic Security Approach: Integrating mail screening with cybersecurity protocols to provide comprehensive protection against all forms of threats.
Advanced Imaging Technologies
- Higher Resolution Imaging: Developments in imaging technology will provide even clearer pictures of mail contents, enhancing the ability to detect complex threats.
- Faster Processing: Improvements in speed will allow for real-time screening without slowing down mail processing times.
If you have any specific questions that you wish to ask Tactical Solutions
Australia please contact directly or use the enquiry form provided.
No Retail Store
3 Harrington Street, Arundel, QLD, 4214, Australia
P: +61 7 5619 5343
One of our consultants will get back to you shortly!